Feed the Community -
For the 22nd year, Spartanburg County community organizations and individuals are joining together in a Feed the Community effort to ensure everyone who is hungry enjoys a hearty meal on Thanksgiving Day. Last year, approximately 6,000 meals were served. This year’s number is expected to increase.
Meals will be served on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26 at the Second Presbyterian Church Soup Kitchen from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. In addition, meals will be delivered to those who do not have transportation, or prefer to eat at home, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Preparation is provided by volunteers from area churches and ministries within Spartanburg County.
• Licensed drivers are needed to deliver food, using their own vehicles, on Thanksgiving morning.
• Volunteers are also needed to help prepare and serve food.
• Volunteers should call 582-7556.
• Anyone wishing to make a donation is asked to send a tax-deductible check, or money order, made payable to South Carolina Christian Foundation. The address is P.O. Box 2397, Spartanburg, SC 29304. Please indicate that it is for Feed The Community.
• Call 949-5800 for additional information.
Family/Individual Delivery Orders
• Requests for delivered meals are to be placed in advance by calling WSPA 888-777-7556 Monday – Wednesday, November 23 – 25, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Although SPARTA buses do not normally run on Thanksgiving Day, the City has authorized a special schedule to help bring guests to Second Presbyterian Church Soup Kitchen. For a schedule, please call General Manager, Marc Keenan @ 595-2710.
For additional information, contact Rev. Paul McKee at 641-5140 or Tina Nichols at 590-5022.